Then the Grinch heard a sound rising over the snow
It started in low, then it started to grow
But the sound wasn’t sad, why, this sounded merry,
But it was merry. Very.
Every Who down in Whoville, the tall and the small
Was singing without any presents at all
He hadn’t stopped Christmas from coming, it came
“Somehow or other it came, just the same!”
And the Grinch, with his Grinch feet ice-cold in the snow
Stood puzzling and puzzling, “How could it be so?
It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
It came without packages, boxes or bags!”
And he puzzled, and puzzled, ’till his puzzler was sore,
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before.
“Maybe Christmas,” he thought “Doesn’t come from a store!
Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
….And what happened then, well, in Whoville they say
That the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day.
-The Narrator and the Grinch
Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
2000, starring Jim Carrey
Top Posts & Pages
- Anime Review: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
- Book Review: An Ember in the Ashes
- Book Review: The Name of the Wind
- Book Review: Throne of Glass
- Book Review: Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain
- Book Review: Dead Things
- Nominated for a Creative Blogger Award
- Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Batman v Superman is the Dawn of What, Exactly?
- Sunday's Wisdom #117: Romantic Foundations