The rules of the Unique Blogger Award are as follows:
1: Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nomination you.
2: Answer the Questions.
3: In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
4: Ask them three questions.
Very well then! I’ve already done number one, so, number two: the questions!
1) I think we’ve all seen a slice-of-life anime or two, what’s your favorite one?
…ummmmm… would you believe I’m so unfamiliar with the slice of life concept that I’m not even sure I’ve ever seen one? I mean, I know comedies, and I know dramas, but what the heck is this?
Silver Spoon is a drama, but is it also slice of life, or does its plot negate that classification?
Gabriel DropOut is a comedy, but is something that follows angels and demons really something you can call “slice of life?”
Interviews With Monster Girls is very realistic, but, again, it follows monster girls, so is it really slice of life?
Barakamon is decidedly a comedic drama, and it also meets some criteria for slice of life, but is it?
Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid is a monster sitcom. Is it slice of life just because it takes place in the normal world, has no particular plot or tension or exposition, and an open ending?
Working certainly fits some of the criteria, but is that a comedy or a slice of life?
With how smart people tell me I am, you’d think I’d have an easier time with this! 😛
2) Has an opening or ending theme of an anime ever swayed you to watch that particular show? If not, what’s your favorite anime opening and/or ending?
Possibly. If it’s either boring or annoying, then I may not watch it, and if it’s exciting and fun, I may be more inclined to watch it. But I don’t recall any specific instance of that happening, so I can’t say for certain.
As for a favorite? Heh, soooo many to choose from! 🙂
Thinking on it… there’s one that’s stayed with me from the time I first saw it as a kid. I know I’ve said that Dragonball Z was the first anime I watched, knowing it was an anime, but I think it was in my first introduction to Lodoss that my anime fandom truly began. That was when, one sleepover at a friend’s house, we watched Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. Yeah, it was pretty cheesy, even back then, but I still loved it somehow, from the first moment of that entrancing introduction, with the enchanting song, “Sea of Miracles.”
3) There have been many fantastic anime movies being released of recent years, what’s your favorite flick, old or new?
Princess Mononoke. Absolutely, hands down, no contest.
(see: Ghibli Countdown)
Now, for my own nominations, there was some difficulty in choosing them because so many of my blogging friends have already nominated each other, and quite recently. Seriously, I was casually thumbing through some of friends’ sites just to see, and this award is everywhere!
So, begging some pardon for possibly giving a multiple nomination to you, I choose:
And for my questions… let’s see…
1) You may visit the world of any anime you like, but only once, and only for twenty-four hours. Which anime do you choose and why?
2) You are playing a round of “F***, Marry, Kill” and the options consist of the cast of the very most recent anime you watched a full episode of. Choose one character for each option.
3) You can pick one, single animal from anime, as normal or exotic as you like, and keep it as a pet. What do you choose?
Have fun! 😀