Another award/challenge from Moya, in the same breath as the last one. Thank you, I am happy you thought of me. 🙂
So, for the Brotherhood Award:
- Thank the Person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Nominate around 10 bloggers.
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees and display the rules.
First, the questions:
1. Briefly describe your blogging style (Where is your favorite blogging spot/what is your favorite blogging tool).
My style? My style is pretty much whatever takes me at the moment of writing. I learned long ago that I could never write those dry, dusty, emotionless academic papers. My personality is all over what I write. Sometimes I’m a bit long-winded, sometimes I am brutally blunt, and I like to think that I usually manage a balance between the two.
I don’t really have a favorite spot. I just sit where I can be most comfortable and go from there. As I’ve lacked a desk, I’ve been blogging from the floor of my room. Yes, I am a very sad and pitiable creature. 😦
2. How do you manage your blogging and blog reading time?
Honestly, at this point, with all the recent changes in my life, I barely manage my blogging, let alone my blog-reading. Every “like” from my fellow bloggers is like a tiny dagger in my gut with an inscription that reads, “I still read yours, why aren’t you reading mine anymore?”
However, I am getting better, and I hope to return some of that attention which you, my fellow bloggers, have been sharing with me. Very soon.
3. Who is your most read author?
I am going to say… Brandon Sanderson. I’ve read and reread a number of his books, I read pretty much everything he publishes now, and I love every minute of it. 🙂
4. How did you come up with your blogging name?
I got used to the online handle of Merlin. It goes back to picking out my first email account in middle school. I was into King Arthur at the time, and I was fascinated by Merlin especially. Other people could be kings, queens, and knights, I wanted to be the creative wizard. He did not rule, but there is no King Arthur and Camelot and Round Table without Merlin, especially considering how quickly things went to crap after he left. He was the king’s strong support, dangerous and powerful, but shying away from the glory. There was something about all that which just appealed to me. I wanted to be Merlin, not Arthur.
As for “Musings,” that, I must admit, I cannot take credit for. I was tossing around ideas like “Merlin’s Tower” and “Merlin’s Vault,” but those just felt a bit too foreboding for me, ya know? So I asked my friends for suggestions, and one tossed out “musings.” And the rest is history! 🙂
5. What keeps you blogging?
Preserving my sanity. 😉
Really, I was already sharing my thoughts and opinions in every email I sent to my friends and family, and in every conversation. Blogging is how I do that now, and if I didn’t… I would go nuts. 😉
Now, for my nominees:
And my questions for you are:
1) How did you come up with your blogging name? (yes, I’m stealing that one, mwahah)
2) What do you love most about blogging?
3) What do you hate most about blogging?
4) Do you have some favorite blogs to recommend?
5) Do you have one or three personal favorite posts you’ve written?